Tags: armpit, bruise, couldnt, drugs, feel, feels, health, hurts, lumps, medications, sore, soreness, touch, women

Sore armpit

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Women's Health

2,384 words with 6 Comments; publish: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:20:00 GMT; (90054.69, « »)

Hi everyone.

I have soreness in my armpit, and it feels like a bruise and it only hurts when i touch it. At first i couldnt feel any lumps, and I can feel one now, its very vague though. I am supposed to start my period in 3-4 days, and my breasts are very sore from that.. can sore armpits be a symptoms of PMS also?? Please respond

sarah :wave:

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 6 Comments
    • I don't know if it is a sign of PMS but I had this happen a couple times when I was pregnant. It was weird because it would last for like a day and then be gone.
      #1; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 23:28:00 GMT
    • It could be swollen glands in your armpit. When I was younger my glands would swell like a week before my period and i would get lumps in my armpit. The sore breasts are a symptom of PMS.
      #2; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 23:29:00 GMT
    • Hi, I did a thread on this the other day. I get the same thing. Problem is I keep pressing in the area to see if it still hurts and because I want to test for lumps and that makes it worse! It is alway in the week before my period and is usually only in the right armpit, but occassionally in both. At its worst if I brush my arm against it it hurts slightly. It is worrying though isn't it. I went to the doctors about it about two years ago, and she said she wasn't sure what it was, but to see how it went. Some months it doesn't happen. I guess it can't be anything sinister, otherewise it would have got worse and other symptoms would come.

Does this sound the same as you skd2005bds??

#3; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 23:30:00 GMT
    • I get recurring swollen armpits for about a year now. I got mononucleosis last year and the glands in my armpits got swollen and had hard little bumps in them. The bumps were painful to touch. Well, they say mono takes a while to get out of your system so I still get sore armpits. I didn't even know I had mono! My doctor just tested me because of the sore armpit symptom. I guess I had a mild case.
      #4; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 23:31:00 GMT
    • Eltwins...this sounds exactly what i have. it doesnt happen every month...and its usually almost always in my right armpit but sometimes in both. Sounds like we have the same thing. I really dont think its anything to worry about. I started my period 3 days later and now its gone. Thanks for ur response.. :wave:
      #5; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 23:32:00 GMT
    • Hi skd2005bds

Mine too went with the start of my period, but if I press right down into the armpit it still feels bruised deep within. That never goes away, it just gets worst before a period. IS this the same with you??

#6; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 23:33:00 GMT